(#14 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-29-2009, 06:04 AM

Hi.
Would you correct my English, please?

The New Swine Flu

The World Health Organization raised its global pandemic flu alert level from Phase 3 to Phase 4 on Monday. Dr. Keiji Fukuda, the deputy director general said that “a pandemic is not inevitable”
The number of deaths in Mexico suspected to have been caused by the new flu is 152 on Tuesday, and the number seems to continue to rise.
I believe that we don’t need to worry about a pandemic in the Northern Hemisphere at the moment because summer is coming. In Japan, rainy season will start within one month, and the likelihood of the spread of the virus will decrease when it’s humid.
One of the countries concerned should be New Zealand, which is in the Southern Hemisphere and having winter. In addition, there are some patients with suspected infection, but their cases seems to be mild.
A global worst-case scenario would be like this : Virus which survive for half a year in the Southern Hemisphere, alter mutationally to severely pathogenic while transmitting from human to human, and cause a full-on pandemic in the Northern Hemisphere in its next winter.
Let’s go to buy surgical masks, gargle and Vitamin C tablets!
Thank you!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP

Last edited by YuriTokoro : 04-29-2009 at 06:18 AM.