View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
OtakuGaijin (Offline)
Otaku Rule!

Survivors guide for Narita airport - 03-19-2007, 03:08 AM

After two vacations ( 2005 & 2006 ) to Japan,
this is what you have to know when entering this country,
before entering Japan, make sure you pick up your Japanese money at your local airport . before leaving, this way , you don't have to wait doing that at Narita,
for me . it was a 13 1/2 airline flights from New York to Tokyo, try to leave in the morning, this way . you can come in by the afternoon,
upon landing, on my first trip, we actually landed on an open runway, due to heavy traffic, we were picked up by three buses , which sped us to terminal two, once inside the terminal, we had to walk to the other terminal, Visa a long walk away, in order to get too terminal one and entering japan & connecting flights,
on my second trip . I took my time walking down as long walk way to the other terminal, I think the only reason they do this is to see who gets off these flights from foreign countries, that explains the many little cameras on this very long walk way,
finally , you get too . the entering room where you have to fill out some paperwork, then get out of line, which made me feel like I was at Bank or the post office, presenting my passport, with the paperwork, you go into the next room and pick up your suitcase, this room is much larger, and leads to the actual terminal, you present your passport to the guards at the gate,
on both tirps, I never had to open my bag, I just had to say that I did not have any drug on me, to the gate guards, and walk right in,
once U get pass this gate, U R Now in Japan.
form here U can take any trian to tokyo, your best bet is to Express it , ( it much faster).
that it,

unbelievable stupidity!!!