View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-29-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
At the risk of sounding overly dismissive, my reaction to this swine flu outbreak is "Yup, we're all gonna die". If it's going to happen, it's going to happen no matter what precautions are taken. There will always be those individuals who will not practice proper hygiene habits in society who will pass on the virus to otherwise healthy individuals.

On the other hand, there will also be people (and I have read on another forum about them) who will be convinced everyone and everything around them are direct, blameable sources of infection. When a person is absolutely convinced that the server at a fast-food restaurant is a walking virus factory, no amount of sensible disagreement will make a difference.

Remember the SARS outbreak in Toronto.
Koir, thanks for correcting my English as always!
Was my post too serious? I’ve tried to sound light, but I seem to have failed.
You think “we're all gonna die”, I see. One of my friends said it’s a kind of doom.
Actually, I will resort to every possible means to survive even if it’s useless resistance, but I often eat fast-food.

May I write what you wrote in my blog? Your opinion will be very good with my post.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP