View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
twon26 (Offline)
New to JF

life changing decision - 05-03-2009, 05:45 AM

through unfortunate circumstances, i am living with my brother. i want to go to japan. i plan on being there for at least a year if possible. i would like some sound advice. please don't pass judgment or call me stupid because of my decisions.

1) for someone planning to stay at least a year, what would be the best advice for a place to stay. i only have about 3 months time left before i leave.
think of me as a slave escaping to a foreign country. this means i know no one, i have no real money, and i have no place to stay. please dont say the obvious like " dont go". at this point i would rather not make it an optional thing.

2) i have some college education, i figure i can continue the rest from online classes.

3) i will have maybe 1000 dollars after the one way plane ticket.

4) i can speak and understand japanese a little and i do mean very little. this is from watching so much anime and some minor japanese classes.

5) im 26 years old and african american. ( not sure if this matters or not)

6) i will want to work doing whatever job i can get my hands on, be it at a resturant or whatever. i need some advice about this also. how does japan handle foreigners trying to work

7) what would be a good city or place to go to try to start fresh? where would i stay?

8) any other general advice or personal advice would be welcome.

i want to say thankyou in advance for those that help me out.