View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-05-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Obviously, if I am tested positive for HIV, I will admit everything to my girlfriend, but as you can imagine, I would like to keep this to myself for now, in order to continue having a normal relation if it turns out that I am negative.
I say tell her now.

It may seem unnecessary if you`re not positive... But that is not the case. It will seriously be cutting the damage to get it out on the table now and not later. Chances are, she will find out - whether being told by someone as you`re not the only one that knows this happened. You went with friends, and there was another party involved. Not to even mention the other people who possibly saw you... And if you`re not Asian, I can bet you they`re going to remember you. Who knows how the info may get around to her...
Or, she`ll pick up on it herself and do the research. You may not be conscious of it, but I`m willing to bet that you are acting slightly different, are responding to her in a different way, etc... And if you care about her at all are not having sexual relations with her for the time being. Those are flaming red flags that something happened.
Even with testing, it isn`t an overnight thing. I believe the quickest they can tell is 2 weeks, but it can take anywhere between that and 6 months before a positive shows up. If you don`t test positive the first test, they wait and do another, then another, then another.

Imagine the fallout if a) She finds out before you get the results, or b) She finds out after you`ve tested negative. All this time you were keeping it a secret and could have been infecting her... It jumps from being simple stupidity that led to betrayal to drawn out betrayal and apparent lack of concern for her life itself. ("I would have told you if I had been positive!" isn`t gonna cut it...)

Even the horror on finding out if you do tell her after you`ve tested positive is going to be horrible. Yeah, I`ve kept it a secret all this time even though I was suspicious from day one.

And if you ARE maintaining a sexual relationship with her during this period of uncertainty, you seriously deserve to die. But I`ll assume you at least care enough about her not to be.

As for the test, never been in that sort of situation so can`t say for certain, but... I believe they will refer you privately to somewhere if you visit your local hoken center. Here is the link to the official page with a crappy map showing the Urawa-ku health center.
http://www.city.saitama.jp/www/conte...781/index.html

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.