View Single Post
(#77 (permalink))
Old
KitSeraphina (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2009, 03:57 PM

This is a very intersting post if I must say. I see your views Kal3ido, I was on your side for a few posts. But I do also agree with many others here. You are ingoring your birthright, africian american, because your culture has flaws. It does seem selfish of you because you want a specific child. But in the way you wish to raise the child you would most likely do more harm then good.
To me the is the wrong reasons to adopt and I'm sorry but I think your being selfish as well.
Here are your reasons for wanting this child.
-Asain"s normally be at the top of there class and how hard they study and also how they are raised( Sure alot are and yes its because they have disapline. But any child can be disaplined)
-Every parent pretty much lives through there children.( This sort of angered me, what kinda of good parent lives through thier child? To me it seemed wrong. Now it sounds as if you will force the culture onto them when they will be living as others said in america.Learn yourself it will be more fulfilling.)

Really I do understand your intentions espeacially when you said the bad outways the good. But thats the part of being in this world, you just have to help create more good, like teaching children good.
In my opinion why not have a child, whether adopt or a bank, and if you like the japanese culture so much why not raise 'your' child in that way. But don't suffocate its other origins. If you adopt a japanese child into america it will learn the american ways you don't want it to. American will be its heritage, by blood or not, the same as an american child going to japan.

Thats just my two cents though...sorry if my spelling is bad. And sorry I ment no harshness or disrespect. Just my thought ^.^