View Single Post
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Compaqmac321 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-06-2009, 03:39 PM

haha yea you do know alot about pain killers
only 500mg (at the least) works for me , regular advil and stuff just doesnt work at all ive tried it allll.
even codine doesnt work anymore, it stopped working when i was in like 8th grade. since ive been taking meds for this since i was 4 or 5, i dont know what meds it was at the time tho. in the military we have tricare, everyone does, and when you stay on the military base, theres hospitals on base, so if i went to the hospital id go on base, and my tricare medical insurance would take care of me off base, usually for a big emergency they would take me off base..but when i got to around 3rd grade, i was able to deal with my pain better, when and IF they came, because after a while i was able to control weather or not i got sick, its easier when u understand what makes u sick, the main thing for me is, being cold, when its cold make sure your wear a jacket or a coat, and you wont get sick, so like i had never been hospitalized for it until i was 18, and the dr's thought i was like a superhuman cus they had never seen some1 with what i had and had never been hospitalized, and even that time i was my sickle cell flared up because of food poisoning and my body was shutting down and pretty much going out of whack....
i get what your saying, but still, regular meds just dont work, not matter how many i take, i remember once i took WAAAAAAY more than i should have, of tylenol ex strenght (prolly like over 20) and nothing happened, next day i got my prescription filled (vicodin) and one pill did the trick...with advil pm, i get...tired, not really sleepy, its a weird feeling, like i could go to sleep if i wanted but its mostly a tired feeling, but even then id have to take more than 2 a day...thats why im glad i rarely get sick.