(#41 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

05-08-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Koir, hi!

There was only one woman who said her husband ( the banker) handles the finances. The other people had same opinion that women should handle finances. I seem to have failed telling you my intensions.
Ah. I understand now.

Quote:
I don’t understand this sentence.
1. I don’t know what “Less writing” means.
2. Does “get the idea” mean “misunderstand”?
3. I don’t understand why this sentence has “across” in it.
1. It means that the revision I suggested is shorter that the sentence was originally.
2. It is a way of expressing "understanding". The concept is that gaining an understanding is the same as "getting an idea".
3. It's there because I was typing too quickly and using sayings and shortcuts instead of proper English.

Revised sentence:

"It means less words are needed, and the concept is communicated more efficiently."

Quote:
It must help students a lot! Japanese schools should learn from yours.
All kinds of learning have some benefit, even if it isn't obvious when a person is learning.

Quote:
I don’t know what “This was back” means.
It's an English expression used by a speaker/writer to refer to events that happened in the past.

Revised sentence:

"This was years ago, when IBM personal computers and computerized accounting programs were new in schools."

Quote:
What I should say here!? “Chuckle”??? “BS”????
Maybe "chuckle". Now that I think about it, another thing I learned from that class is it's very possible to bruise your fingertips from using a calculator too much.

Quote:
Thanks a lot! I don’t have any words to thank you enough.
No problem, Yuri. Have a great day!

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"