View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Notsomuch (Offline)
New to JF

05-12-2009, 05:23 AM

Thanks for the link. This is a montessori school I've been looking at.

This info is very insightful. By the way, we're American -- from Louisiana actually. My daughters will be about 4 and 7 by the time we get there. We may stay up to 3 years. We'd stay forever if we were welcomed and the environment were right.

I like the sound of the elementary schools. I wonder why there is such an extreme change from relaxed and encouraging to hard and pressuring. Would someone be willing to share personal experiences with junior high school with me?

As far as all of the extra curricular activities, I would want them to choose. I wouldn't however want them to get involved because other children are doing so. Family time is very important to me too. I want them to see and learn the things I do at home so they can learn the skills of taking care of a home. I wouldn't want them to come home just in time to eat dinner and go to bed.

Side note: My daughter gave in to her first peer pressure today (she's now 4). She came home and said, "Mom, never make broccoli with dressing again!" I asked her why. She said, "Because all of the kids said, 'Ew!!!' I don't want them to say that anymore."

In my opinion, the schools in my area (Southern US) are not very good, and this is why I choose Montessori schooling here. I like teaching personal responsability and working together to make the classroom a better place.

Would it be wise for me to put my kids in a Japanese school since they're American, or should I put them into an American school in Japan? I am going to try to teach them Japanese as soon as I can find a good way to learn.

Any other advise would be appreciated. Thanks for these responses so far.

Katy

Last edited by Notsomuch : 05-12-2009 at 05:34 AM.