View Single Post
(#32 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-13-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longfortheblur View Post
Haha, seriously, they always say oishii or umai no matter what. I never hear them say mazui harhar.

I wonder if a psychologist can help me get rid of my japan obsession. It is a bit too crazy. Studying japanese for hours straight isn't even boring cuz im so obsessed with japanese w~. I was planning to major in Japanese in my senior year but now I already kind of know it, and would be just a waste of money to major in Japanese now -_-.

Maybe I should major in Linguistics, whatever that is.
Studying a language in school/university is way different from self study. Especially if you are doing it in a university. Laguages are not only taught "how", but WHY... If you think you will know it all by self studying, then well, you still have a lot of learning to do - about life

There is nothing wrong with being obsessed with something, but for what reason. Don't be obsessed with Japan for the wrong reason like a lot of people are on this board, what you see in Animate and Manga is NOT an accurate representation of Japan. One or two people (forgot who) basically said they just want the Woman there, WRONG reason as well

If you go, go for the right reason. Career and living choices are a big thing in life, you only have so many years to try things out...