(#41 (permalink))
Old
Troo (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-14-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Now I am not sure what you mean.
What I mean is that in the hectic ratrace that is Tokyo, there is a greater population density, a larger number of salarymen, and a widespread culture of turning up to work at 7am then hanging with the boss until gone midnight nearly every night of the week.

As far west as you are using as an example, the population density is lower, and while Japanese companies retain that employee loyalty, I don't believe they leverage it quite so often to force their employees to go out on the lash every night. Thus more salarymen are more likely to be using the train during two distinct rush hours, whereas Tokyo's salarymen are more likely to be getting home anytime between 6pm and 1am, so are spread out more across seven hours rather than all using the train during one or two in the evening.

Therefore it makes more sense that they have ladies' cars both morning and evening, and Tokyo's trains have only morning ladies' cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The original title of the thread was "Ive". I had no choice but to change it. If you can suggest a better title, then I am more than open to suggestions.
I'm not saying you were wrong to do so. I'm saying people responding to the OP's question could do with reading the OP's question rather than just reacting to the thread's title.

A Troo with a View - Travel blog, Troo style.