(#11 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
My list surely includes: Anime, Manga, Maid, Cute, Sushi

but the bigger part would be: Hiking, Yaeyama-shoto, Hokkaido, Tohoku, Shikoku, Nara, beach, forest, shrine, camping,.....

so i guess i want to see both worlds, or i actually do.
I can only agree and wish that more people would step of the beaten track to see the other side of Japan. Away from Hello Kitty, Yamanote line and 24h internetcafes. Go out and hike the Alps, fly to Okinawa and travel the small Ilands (only the flight is expensive, food and accomodation are really cheap down there), explore the south east coast of Kansai,..... so many beautifull stressfree places!

But still you wouldnt want to miss: one afternoon in Akiba, wandering through the market in Ueno, one night in Shibuya, tempels in Kyoto, Osaka,....

What fascinated me most the last 10 month in this country is the diversity of this country. This country is so rich in contrasts that its sometimes overwhelming. Standing in a street in Tokyo, Mcdonalds on my right and Sega world on my left and seeing some guys in traditional clothes carry a shrine through the middle of the street just left me speechless.

If you want to see "real" Japan, you will have to see both worlds!
I missed Anime ..

I also missed bridges

Cheers - Oz