Koir (Offline)
Meow.

05-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.
Would you correct my English, please?

"The Most Startling Thing"

Years ago, when I was a university student, I was drinking tea with my mother in the family's living room. With no prompting my mother said, “You must hate me.”
This was shocking to hear from her. She kept talking. “You wish you were a boy, right? You must have been angry with me for not having you as a boy."
To be honest, I was enjoying being a girl very much. I had never wished to be a boy.
I almost always wore skirts then.
“Why do you say that?” I asked her.
“Your friends are doing domestic training, while you are crazy about karate training.”
I didn’t see why girls who like karate must want to be boys.
I believe that a girl can do everything she wants. A girl can wear both feminine clothes like cute skirts and boyish clothes. A girl can do both karate and belly dancing. I preferred being a girl and then a woman as I grew up.
Can’t mothers figure out their daughters? Or is my mother just crazy?

Thank you!
I agree it would be quite startling to hear that from a parent, and a mother especially. It must have been bothering her for quite a while to come right out and ask you. Now, I will never be a mother and I never had sisters growing up, but I do agree with your belief a girl/woman can do anything she puts her mind to do. We're all human, which means we all have the same potential to shape ourselves and the world around us in the ways we most wish.

Speaking as a guy, there's quite a lot to appreciate in a woman who is skilled in many different areas regardless of how "appropriate" some of those areas are according to society.

As for the composition itself, I see a lot of improvement in the middle of the post and towards the end. Just a bit more work in making the beginning of the post (which sets the tone for the whole post and describes the environment), and your English composition skills will be greatly improved.

Hope that helps, Yuri!

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"

Last edited by Koir : 05-19-2009 at 01:16 PM.