View Single Post
(#69 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-19-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
I agree it would be quite startling to hear that from a parent, and a mother especially. It must have been bothering her for quite a while to come right out and ask you. Now, I will never be a mother and I never had sisters growing up, but I do agree with your belief a girl/woman can do anything she puts her mind to do. We're all human, which means we all have the same potential to shape ourselves and the world around us in the ways we most wish.
Koir, thanks!
Yes, both men and women have the same potential, but my mother and some elderly people don’t think so.
In Japan, many people still tend to think men are superior to women.

Quote:
Speaking as a guy, there's quite a lot to appreciate in a woman who is skilled in many different areas regardless of how "appropriate" some of those areas are according to society.
Sorry, I don’t understand ‘how "appropriate" some of those areas are according to society. ‘

Quote:
As for the composition itself, I see a lot of improvement in the middle of the post and towards the end. Just a bit more work in making the beginning of the post (which sets the tone for the whole post and describes the environment), and your English composition skills will be greatly improved.
What should I write at the beginnings of my posts?
What would you write?

Quote:
Hope that helps, Yuri!
Very helpful, Koir. Thanks a lot!

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP