View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Mercury (Offline)
New to JF

Key word which symbolizes Japan - 05-19-2009, 04:32 PM

I'm sorry if there are any similar threads on this forum since i havent checked, i'm reading for exams so i dont have very much computingpower to spare

Here's the deal though.

"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan invites young Europeans to participate in a ten-day group study tour of Japan in September or October 2009."

I was made aware of this by a mail from my university. I see this as a golden opportunity as i very much would like to learn more about Japan's politics, culture, economy and society. The tickets and accomodations are free too, yatta !

Those who wish to participate in this tour will have to write an essay about one of the following issues:

A. How would you describe Japan's relation with the world today? Where do you see Japan going in the future?

B. Bring up a key word (either in English or Japanese) which symbolizes Japan, and explain why you chose this word.

I'm leaning towards B since it looks easier to me.
When i'm thinking about Japan i get two ideas, feudal Japan and the way of the samurai. And modern Japan, the maker of gameconsoles and exporter of electronics. But i cant find a key word.
Advice is very much apreciated
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu !

What do you think symbolizes Japan ?