View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
Immersion--AJATT - 05-20-2009, 12:14 AM

Ok, for those who may not know already, I study Japanese with the guidance of All Japanese All The Time Dot Com: How to learn Japanese. On your own, having fun and to fluency.

Recently, I feel that I've been using too many 'tools', I've been over-analyzing everything in and about Japanese. I just got done reading All Japanese All The Time Dot Com: How to learn Japanese. On your own, having fun and to fluency. , an entry at AJATT that talks about learning the 'African Way' of 'Just do it'. This brought many things to my attention, but then again it only brought two major things to my attention. 1.) I have been analyzing EVERYTHING, in fact I wouldn't even say I was actually 'doing' anything! So, I really want to take a step back of learning Japanese with 'knowledge' and start learning Japanese with 'action' (I really hope that made sense, cause it sounded really cool in my head)

2.) I need more immersion. (If you haven't read that entry, please do, if you are a student of Japanese, I think it will benefit you alot) I don't think I'm hearing/seeing/smelling/feeling Japanese enough yet. Well, this is the purpose of this thread, I'm asking for help to improve my Japanese environment. So, I'm going to go ahead and tell you what I already have, and hopefully many of you will have suggestions as to what I can do to improve.

Right now, I try to listen to anime or Japanese radio all the time. (These are on my compy, so the only time I can listen to these is about an hour in the morning, and all evening.) Other than that I read in Japanese. And Japanese music, but that's all I have of my Japanese environment.