View Single Post
(#35 (permalink))
Old
DevilHunter04 (Offline)
JF Regular

05-28-2009, 08:49 PM

I'm 20, 5'2" and I weigh about 140-150lbs (it changes depending on what I eat and everything) and I pretty much have no metabolisim. It can happen. I was diagnosed with a hyperactive thyroid (Graves) disease (if people don't know what your thyroid does, it works and deals with your hormones, if you want a more detailed overview, google it). I could probaly get it back but I would have to go on a super diet which I don't want.

People are probaly like "That must suck!" Whereas in reality it really doesn't. I'm able to eat whatever I want and since I walk almost everywhere that's how I'm able to stay in shape.

And if you're in your early-middle teens you can count on that your metabolism'll change. I had a great metabolism in Jr. High (I got the thyroid disease in high school), and when I entered high school I pretty much lost my great metabolism (and this was before I was diagnosed). I still know people who are about my age and have a good metabolism, but that's rare. And for women, if you plan to have kids, when you're pregnant your metabolism can change drasticilly.