View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
amesei (Offline)
New to JF

05-29-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I will say this as nicely as I can. I didn't spend all the years I did learning Japanese to translate doujinshi for free. If you can find someone willing to do it, best to you, but at least here you will find professionals that do it for money or amateurs who are not qualified.
I didn't mean to offend you, but I'm not trying to be naive. While I understand that it takes many, many years to fully master Japanese and that it's very time-consuming to translate, I'm not asking anything of you. Although paying professionals to translate doujin would be better, not every translator fluent in Japanese is paid. Some just want to sharpen their skills in the language or just want to help translate because they are interested and offer their services for free. This is why I am thankful to the hundreds or even thousands of translators who break the language barrier everyday so that millions of us can read doujinshi in languages that we are familiar with. I also want to become a translator for that very reason, which is why I'm trying to learn Japanese in the first place.

Again, I did not post this to offend you or anyone else. I am merely trying to voice my opinion on this matter.

And I do support domestic translators by buying English-translated manga and English dubbed anime. People who actually work in the manga industry work too hard so they deserve lots of support from fans and consumers.

Last edited by amesei : 05-29-2009 at 07:19 AM.