View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
misslolitaxx (Offline)
New to JF

Volunteering in Japan? - 05-29-2009, 10:53 AM

Even though I'm not planning a trip to Japan yet, probably for another two years due to college (I'm sixteen at the moment), I'm very interested in going and I figured I might as well look around early. As I obviously won't have a BA when I go for a gap year, I thought volunteering would be my best bet.

Anyway, I've had a look round and so far the most interesting volunteering agency I've found is Lattitude, especially since I'd like my placement to be medical or care-related (I want to go for a medicine degree in university). However, I'm pretty cautious when it comes to dishing out shed loads of money (well it's only £1,600 but that's a lot for me at the moment) and I was just wondering if anyone has volunteered in Japan via Lattitude or at all, really. After all, I don't really want to be stranded in Japan with no money or anything if something goes wrong, and I would like to know about other people's experiences with the company.

I was also wondering if there were any other agencies that people would recommend and anything about volunteering in Japan that I might like to know.

Cheers.