View Single Post
(#101 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-31-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
The JSDF spokesman said that Japan will not perform a preemptive strike against North Korea.
I think that the spokesman is speaking in the context of the current events rather than saying that Japan will never preemptively strike NK.

This debate has been going on in Japan and if I remember correctly.. the only thing stopping Japan reforming it's pacifist constitution is the effect it might have on the region. But I truly believe that Japan has the right to pre-emptive strike in this context. And I believe it will rush through ammendments or reform if it felt that it was under serious threat.

Quote:
The South Korean and US military are not even planning an attack against North Korea.
Again... if you are speaking in relation to current events then that is probably the case.

But if not... you do realise that the pentagon draws up contigency plans for every possible scenario don't you? To say that they aren't even planning an attack against North Korea is right only because an attack has already been planned.

Quote:
The North Korean media organ, KCNA, specifically mentioned that North Korea is ready only if American/South Korean/Japanese army attacks North Korea.
And if I remember correctly.. North Korea constitutes a search of one of it's vessels as an attack on North Korea as it claimed the other day when it learnt that South Korea would help the US intercept North Korean ships to search for contraband. Actually I believe that it said that it would be a "declaration of war".

So really... it's hard to say what an attack means to NK.

Quote:
Conclusion: Nothing's going to happen and we know this very well right now. Especially the evidence of a nuclear substance measured is inconclusive, I don't see why the world needs another war.
Well nothing has happened yet. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks to see if action of any sort can be taken against North Korea by the International Community.