View Single Post
(#87 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-01-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I couldn't disagree more. Yes, it will sound like a mix of two languages when they are 3 and 4 and even 5, but by first grade they will know the difference between Japanese and English. Kids brains are built for soaking up languages, and if you can expose him to three or four languages that is better.

I have a friend with a bilingual 6-year-old son they are now sending to French American school to give him exposure to French.
I disagree a lot more. Do you know what pain is for the child to go through this? He can't communicate properly till around 4 years old. How would you deal with this... I saw TWO cases of these kinds... and both were my relatives (not siblings). Sometimes they used to cry during night and the doctors explained this phenomena as them being anxious and sad for not achieving what they want communicating

If you want to affect your kids childhood this way then go ahead. I know kids brains are built for soaking that up... but start by teaching 1 language first... wait till he is 3-4 to start teaching the other. It is more effective and gets the same result but it doesn't make him being unable to communicate with his parents.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?