Thread: Stealing
View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-02-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think you are a little off the money, Alan. Sadly, things like this happen in Europe and Asia as well. The way the media focuses on things has changed. It used to be a one hour news day, but now we live in a 24 hour news day. That means channels like CNN need to be reporting something at all times.

Still, I think in some ways the Japanese tabloid media is worse in this respect. I remember one rather violent incident involving the murder of a young boy not far from where I lived, and the tabloid media kept it as the opening story literally for weeks.

Sensational stories will get sensational coverage, but lets not confuse the media with the event (and I am not necessarily talking to you, Alan).

I don't think it is an "American" vs. "European" thing, I think that is oversimplifying things.
Although I enjoyed talking about the subject, Alan dosen't want to speak of it anymore so, I'm just going to let it solve itself. And MMM, if you dont mind, could you close the thread?

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you