(#16 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-02-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGoetz View Post
Although I think you will likely forget almost every kanji if you keep up 20/day for very long unless you review constantly. And I do mean constantly. I think 25/week is doable (I kept it up for a while with minimal study until the lack of studying caught up with me after I'd acquired an additional 400 in the first half of a semester in Japan).

I've since lost the ability to read and write most of them through lack of usage. Cramming works if your goal is to hit a point of knowledge and you don't care about retention after that.

By all means, if you're living a pretty much fruitless existence as a hikikomori already, basically the only thing that could hurt would be bashing your head against the wall 24 hours a day. Go ahead and try to learn the kanji. I wish you luck.
Haha, my existence is pretty much fruitless unfortunately. something like 20 a day is just the way I do things. Kinda like my own AJATT (All Japanese All the Time, search it on google if you don't know what it is)
I've heard of people doing 100 a day even (which would melt my brain, thats just ludicrous) I do reviews every day, and I'm thinking I might take weekends off purely for review.
Thanks though man.