Koir (Offline)
Meow.

06-07-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.
Could you correct my English?

“ABO Blood Group System”

Many Japanese people like talking about the ABO blood groups. They often ask each other their blood types, and try to predict personalities with that information. Some of these personality traits by type are:

A: punctual
B: do things at their own pace
O: generous and careless
AB: artistic temperament.

We know that judging people from their blood types is nonsense because there are many blood group systems, ABO being just one of them. Still, we enjoy talking and guessing about blood groups and types. It’s a very general and casual topic used to start conversations.
Now, I’ve heard that Western people regard their blood type as a very personal thing. They believe asking about it is rude, and it angers them. (Is this true?)
Japanese people don’t see why Western people keep their blood types a secret. I don't understand either. Can you explain?

Thank you.
My late-night guess as to why blood typing is such a touchy subject in Western society is because it's not seen as a useful indicator of a person. It may been seen on the same level as astrology, and trying to predict a person's future that way. It's generally believed that a person has a great deal of control over his or her future, and the idea that something in our blood or the time of our birth setting our existence in a certain path is unsettling.

Personally, I don't have *that* much belief in blood typing/zodiac signs, but it's an interesting thing to consider when you think about how you react to your life's events.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"