View Single Post
(#40 (permalink))
Old
YoshimiTheEthereal (Offline)
Neo-Nebula

06-10-2009, 03:52 AM

I still think that brainwash is a major part of it, though. I like to use myself for an example because I know myself. When I was a child, I was introduced to both dolls and cars, and I hated dolls and loved cars. I also "cross-dress" sometimes (I used to always "cross-dress"), and I do not act feminine. I even apparently don't think like a girl according to some kind of scientific study because several differences they gave for males and females did not match me; if I was only judged by that, I would be a male.

I don't even believe that there is a such thing as cross-dressing. For example, in ancient times, everyone wore things similar to dresses, like the Greeks do in the greek statues. Not just women. Also, in medieval times, men wore tunics, sometimes with tights, not pants. What is a tunic? A short dress. Men wore kilts in Scotland. What is that? A knee-length skirt. Societies all around the world decided how they would name and categorize clothing according to sex. Flair-legged jeans used to be worn by men in the 70s or 80s (I don't know exactly), yet if a man wears them now, they are considered gay or something because now only women wear them. I guarantee that if I made clothing for women that looked like mens or the other way around, they would be worn by the sex I created them for, because people are so blind about things; all they know is what the label says because that is how society taught them.

Anyway, we have strayed off the topic. I read in a magazine that there was a female Japanese band that was having a hard time becoming a band because of their sex, so they disguised themselves as boys. Is stuff like that common? Is is really that much harder for females to get jobs than males?

Quote:
"And so, if you say in a beautiful rose there are thorns, in Lareine there is me, and behind that there are these guys (Emiru, Mayu, and Machi)."
~Kamijo
(Kamijo is the beautiful rose and Emiru, Mayu, and Machi are the thorns.)