View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Reutte (Offline)
New to JF

Unhappy Bank Troubles bleh... - 06-10-2009, 05:29 AM

So I have a sorta question/ problem. So since I've been in japan since September I qualify for some sort of program that gives money to gaijin. I received a letter from the government about two weeks ago with all the paper work. All I have to do is open a bank account and that's where the problems start. I can't speak Japanese very well. So I was told to go to Citibank. I just got back from Citibank and I can't open an account there because I can't keep the minimum account requirements which means keeping 500 USD in the account at all times. Nor do they give you a bank book apparently. Citibank told me they can't help me. So now I'm stuck. Does anyone know of a bank that would have english speaking staff that would let me create a bank account and provide me with a bank book?

To get the money, I need to send in a copy of my alien registration card and a copy of my bank book and I can't figure out how to make the account. I really don't want to give up on the money either. It would be really helpful.
I just want to open the account, get the money and then close the account right away.

Thanks for any help/advice.