View Single Post
(#233 (permalink))
Old
girigiri (Offline)
JF Regular

06-17-2009, 09:08 AM

I have read it, Tenchu, and with care.

The question raised by the first post refers to the reason why Japanese people consider it desirable to keep their OWN skins from becoming tanned.
In answer to that question, it IS about aesthetics for the Japanese people I have met - both from the point of visual impact and from the issue of being careless with one's body in over-exposing it to the sun - carelessness of one's own person is deemed unseemly.)

Other posts, irrelevant to that question, in this thread were also referred to ... to wit
I have too often seen people behave in an offensive fashion toward others, and scream "racist, sexist, homophobe et al" when their victims rise to the bait, to be influenced by random accusations of racism. (or sexism, or homophobia, or ....)

and the relevance of the balance of my post to those other issues was confirmed by your own post, immediately following mine:
quote: What does your skin color have anything to do with this? Are you trying to suggest white people never have problems with racism?