View Single Post
(#246 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

06-17-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
And yet there are so many others who have "derailed" this thread. If it was really so unhelpful for the discussion, why have people commented? Why am I the only person you've directed that comment to?

I'm sorry if you feel like I'm being malicious and self-superior. I think it's possible to ignore someone on this forum. I'm new here, I don't know how, but I'm sure you do. I suggest you ignore me if I really bother you that much.
These two paragraphs, more than anything else, have shown me quite clearly you have great difficulty determining the object of comments. Or more accurately, believe all of them directed at you with the worst possible intention and overwhelming negativity.

Having said that, yes, some of my comments are directed at you. Many others have "derailed" this thread, but to my eyes they are in response to your original derailing and the subsequent problems explained above. It is quite easy to take a certain view and believe all different views exist only to attack yours. This is most often not the case. It is "discussion", not "accusation", the very nature of forum purpose.

As to why the comments were directed at you: again, from my skimming of the thread in the past few days, your comments are the most numerous and inflammatory. As such, they are more noticeable and provide the most material on which to comment.

Your second paragraph is an illustration of the above mentioned internal focus. The "malicious, self-superior" tone I alluded to concerns your apparent reaction to other people's comments on your opinions. I do not believe I need to restate fully that said comments are not attacking your positions, but discussing them with the additional points of view.

I shall leave the mechanics of forum member ignoring as an exercise for knowledge, and bid you good day.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"