(#255 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-17-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
And you've proved my point exactly.

Please, just put any bad feelings or annoyance or anything negative aside for a second and just open your mind and listen to what I'm saying. I'm black. You're white. I'm talking to you about my race, when I've been discriminated against in history and most certainly in this lifetime. I've suffered internalized racism. And I'm telling you that I feel uncomfortable because of that.
What point of your did I just prove?

I have no bad feelings or annoyances. You are talking about your race, and that's fine, but what I am saying is this thread is NOT about your race.

Quote:
To say that white skin is better than black skin in anyway is racist. Period. I don't feel like I need to say that anymore.
You never needed to say it because it is not what this thread is about.

Quote:
Pretend for a moment that you're white in a world where you're not surrounded by people of your own race, and that you're constantly reminded of the color of your skin. Pretend for a moment that someone walks up to you and says, "My skin color is better than your skin color." Don't pretend for one moment that you wouldn't feel alienated and in pain, and don't pretend that you would be able to ignore that pain and move on.

It's not my identity crisis. It's called racism, and it plagues the world. Billions of people go through it everyday. It's not something to "chill out" about.

Questions for everyone, because I actually want to know what people will say:

Why is my skin not good enough to be a partner? Does the color of my skin indicate to you in some way that I'm less of a person, and so will have a child of less value? Does the color of my skin suggest that my uterus doesn't work, and that I won't be able to carry a child? Why is white skin a better option for a partner? Does white skin somehow mean that the person is smarter, and so the child will be smarter? Is it just that no one really wants to have a child that will have to suffer in this racist world?

And to continue with the questions: why is brown skin ugly? Is it because it reminds you of monkeys, or dirt, or something else unattractive? Is it because that's what your parents told you? Is it because on TV, you only see white women and men like Paris Hilton and Brad Pitt? Is brown skin ugly because, even now in 2009, it somehow suggests to you that people have been slaving away all day out in sun, and so must be of a less status than you? Is brown skin ugly because it means that the person must be a criminal? Does brown skin scare you because people of brown color are actually called "black," and black suggests something dark and evil, whereas "white" has always represented purity, innocence, and good? Or is it just because you're racist?

I'm curious. Please, anyone - explain why you prefer a white skinned partner.
I am happy to address this questions from you after you start addressing the counter points I have raised.