View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
Getting into Japan/Korea without onward ticket - 06-18-2009, 04:39 AM

Hey guys i have a question to the tourist Visa.
I have been in Japan for close to a year now and my Visa is running out (Working Holiday Visa). Im now taking the Ferry to Korea and i will stay there for a while. Because im not sure yet wich day i will leave Korea to go back to Japan for 1 week, i didnĀ“t buy a roundtrip ticket. Also when i come to Japan i will not have a onward ticket, but will leave back to Korea after around 1 week.
Now to my question:
Im german and i know that i should get a 3 months Visa with entering the country (Japan and or Korea) but the homepage states you need an onward ticket. Does anybody know if they really check that? And if yes and they find out i dont have one will it be enough to show enough funds to buy one?
Dont misunderstand me, i dont want to overstay or jumpe between the countrys for new visas, but i dont know the dates when i will travel onwards so i didnt buy any tickets.
Any help would be appriciated.

Oh one more question regarding Korea: Does anyone know if it is safe to drink the Tabwater? Lonely Planet said you shouldnt in Busan but how about the rest of the country?
I know this is not Japan related but i havent found a Korea forum till now, if anybody knows one please post a link.

Thanks as always guys, youve been helping me out alot till now!

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)