View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
Gunpla/Gundam Model Kits - 06-19-2009, 06:03 AM

does anybody enjoy building gundam kits as much as i do? if so, do you put special care into making them look better? what are some of your tips that you use on your models?

i like to:
1. use mr. hobby's clear flat top coat on all my parts while they are still on the spurs so i can hit all the parts at once. this takes the shiny off the plastic and gives it a nice solid color look.
2. after the top coat is dry, i fill in the detail lines. this way it is easy to clean up and you have a solid grip on small parts like the face mask. what i detail the lines in with are a mix of mr. color flat black paint with zippo lighter fluid. this gives the paint a watery consistency that when you pick it up with a paint brush, you can dip the edge of a detail line, and the paint actually travels and run down the detail edges. after it is dry, i take a q-tip and dampen it with zippo fluid, and clean up the over drip my paint brush made. now the lines are sharp and looks pro!
3. after i detail the lines in, i hit it with another mr. hobby's clear flat top to seal in the detail lines.

i am currently reading on how to professionally make gunpla, and my brothers airbrush will soon help me become a gunpla master!