View Single Post
(#134 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-20-2009, 10:47 AM

I don't think it matters.

When you have your own kids, mixed or not, with or without a disability, if you don't love them, well, something has to be very wrong.

The cuteness is something else. I see some kids which are cute, other's don't look cute, but are cheeky monkeys, other's just have great personalities without a cute look, and vica versa..

Then again, other's think that other's are cute, and other's not.. We all differ in our own opinions..

I get comments about my son being cute all over the place. He is a little show off and a smarty pants, and I get away with murder when shopping because of his cuteness.

Not many can let their 2.2 year olds run rampant in a storage shop using the merchandise as building bricks as happened this weekend!

The female shop assistants were encouraging him which gave mummy and daddy some serious decide shopping time.

By the way, my son is "mixed" Japanese-Australian. It's definitely not on my mind though.. He's a small boy who loves what a 2.2 year old should be loving.

he get's the best of both worlds

The disability thing, well, I was prepared for it mentally, and fully committed just in case. It certainly wouldn't have changed my opinions in regards to my son.

I remember asking the doc at ultrasound time.. "Are all his toes and finger's their" "Two eyes", etc.

It's a scary thought for many but don't let other's phase you..

My best buddy at school had a deaf and dumb brother. ken was by memory ten years older then me..

His bro and me had fun teasing him about his disabilities.. He would always win though, physically! (Thisis Aussie style)

The best part was his dad invented the brail telephone which became famous world wide..

I worked with colleagues next door the Para-olympic section on the Sydney Olympics Organising commitee.. No big deal.. Half the workers were athletes and participants..

It's just not a taboo thing with me.. My mate could have one leg, I don't care and it wouldn't make him any lesser to me..

Disabilities for me just do not qualify for anything special..

Cheers - Oz