View Single Post
(#140 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-21-2009, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I am really stunned by the level of ignorance and lack of thought.
Really. There is very little that truly makes me shake my head on here - and this has succeeded.

It doesn`t matter whether you think differently of those with disabilities.
That isn`t the point, nor does it even have anything to do with the reason I (and Burkhartdesu) feel shocked.
I really do not think you realize what you have said.

You are making a flippant remark about wishing your own child were disabled, because, you know, that`s so cute and all. Without giving ANY thought to the seriousness - without giving any thought to the future of that child. And without giving any thought to the fact that 99.99999% of parents who have a disabled child, if there were a magic way to turn back time and remove the problems from their child`s future, would kill for that chance.

I doubt you would look at a starving child in a third world country and then turn to their parents and saw "Aww, that`s so cute! I wish my son were malnourished too because he eats too much and is so hard to carry these days!" - but yet you think it`s alright to say you think it`s cute that my son will likely require some level of care for the rest of his life... But of course, you can think that way, as you have no problems flaunting how intelligent and amazing your kid is. You never have to worry about months upon months of hospitalization, years and years of therapy, a lifetime of supervision. Not to mention the nagging fear of what will happen once you`re gone. What happens when you`re not there... How things will end up.

Yep, it`s just all cute and sweet. What a wonderful world you live in!
I hear you, don't worry. I know it was a poor thing to say. I understand how hard it must be.

I think my Chuekie is pregnant again (after so long trying; first one miscarriaged). We both say we cannot take care of one if it isn't 100%. We wouldn't keep it, so you must be bold.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…