View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-25-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
Exactly. Games like GTA might have a high rate of violence, others might be quite graphic, but it's still quite emotionless. Hentai rape games fetishize rape in a way that is actively encouraging the player to have a positive sexual response, and it compounds a 'women want it really' mentality that is incredibly harmful when it is applied to RL sex abuse situations. I don't think there has ever been a murder game that implied the victim wanted to be killed and enjoyed it really.
I highly disagree with this. Illegal is illegal. The law CLEARLY states that rape is illegal. Now, if the individual still thinks that rape is okay, then it's his own mind that should be brought into question. Not the game.

I agree that although rape games are over the top, in the end they're fantasies. Everyone has fantasies that they're not proud about, and someone saying that they don't would be lying. Hentai and these games exist for that reason. You can enjoy these fetishes and fantasies in private without the problem of judgement from the rest of the world.

The real problem is when these fantasies start becoming reality. Most people don't let it become reality though, many of them keep it a fantasy. I have many friends, who are sexually active, and socially liked people, who are into stuff like tentacles, rape and some even guro. (We're a close group of friends who shares things with each other.) As someone claimed that most of the people that play these games are otakus, I disagree with that statement.

I've played one of this games, and although it didn't cater to me, it wasn't horrendous. It's a simple hentai "e-book" with sound. It's not even a game. Hell, I wouldn't class it as one.

Ozkai: I'm sure it's not such a universal thought, as you claim. Fetishes DO exist. But it's not only in Japan. They exist everywhere in the world. Only thing is, in Japan they're slightly more open with fetishes. (Open as in they're not afraid to draw it. Not as in telling everyone they see)

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -