View Single Post
(#63 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
06-27-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The fact that you can't see this is my point. If it's on TV, then the creators are paid. If you steal it, they are not.
I still don't see it as much of a problem in this regard. If I had watched it on television, I still would've become bored. The difference is that I grew bored prior to its being shown here. I just grew bored earlier as opposed to later.
Quote:
There are all kinds of ways these shows are available to you legally (I listed them earlier) and if you can't afford to do any of them legally then you can't afford to be an anime fan.
I said earlier I'm not much of an anime fan at all. Even when I used to watch years ago, I think I was watching more for the sake of watching because those around me did.

I'm more into manga and with anime, I'd rather watch it first to see if I like it before actually buying it and if it turns out I don't, would've been money wasted. I also commented on Crunchyroll earlier. A very good alternative, but not enough variety (I only saw one series listed I'd consider watching and not because I seeked it out, but because, as usual, someone recommended it to me). As I pointed out, most of what I want to see are older series that don't have a DVD release or either series that had a limited release that I missed out on.

Edit: Wow, just thought of something. I guess since it's been so long since I've done so in general, I have watched quite a few series over the years in its entirety downloaded, not like part, and then get rid of it, but it was also the early 2000s. Stuff like Fruits Basket and Marmalade Boy and Sailor Moon S, SuperS, Stars. I don't own any of these things either (want to own the SM stuff, though), would like FB to actually continue the story before buying it, so just sticking with its manga still for now, and MB grew bored. Saw other junk too...but I'm having a tough time remembering if I saw them downloaded or on the International Channel or if I saw them with a friend on their DVD (I know I saw Fushigi Yuugi on DVD...hated it >< and Gravitation). That's all the now licensed stuff that's coming to mind anyway.

Maybe I should stop downloading stuff, even if it is rare for me now-a-days. It does seem bad, not that I said it particularly wasn't. I just wish we had a cable station (that's not Digital) that showed anime series subbed as opposed to dubbed all the time or even show them raw, but that'd limit the audiences they would want to bring in. I also wish there was a station with older series. The new stuff just doesn't seem interesting. I also wish that more manga would get licenses and released in the states. I'm tired of waiting for Gokusen to get a manga release when its anime was released here a good while back (and was cool too; forgot what channel showed it, though).