View Single Post
(#72 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-27-2009, 04:05 AM

I appreciate you acknowledging the possible error in over-"sampling" series, SSJup81.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
I wasn't aware there was an iron-clad monetary rule a person needs to follow to be considered an anime fan.

Is buying boxsets of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Negima?, Fate/Stay Night, each individual DVD of the "Substitute" arc of Bleach, and Shuffle!, along with single DVDs of Negima? (101 and 201), Slayers the Movie, Full Metal Panic 1 & 2 enough?

MMM, sometimes I get the feeling that you consider anything less than buying every single anime series out there, sight- and knowledge-unseen "stealing", and it doesn't sit well with me.
I don't know why you would think that. I never said anyone should buy any series. I just said people should watch the series through legal means. I listed several ways more than once, and won't again, but buying the DVDs is just one way to enjoy your anime legally and honestly.

But Koir if your point is that I don't consider people who steal anime real fans, then yes, I would agree with that. Real fans wouldn't want to hurt the industry they supposedly love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
so basically your saying if your poor, tough luck.
Isn't it like everything else? If I am poor, I can't eat New York steaks every day unless I steal them. If I am poor I cannot drink champagne or fine wine every day without stealing them. Since when is access to entertainment an inalienable right?

It isn't. Anime isn't a right it is is privilege. A lot more work and a lot more people and a lot more money are needed to make an episode of anime than a New York steak, but for some reason people have this idea that anime should be free, even though we should pay for food and drink.