View Single Post
(#77 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-27-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
arent TV programs free to the public? what if you work part time at a place that sells new york steaks in mexico and the only real benefit is that they let you eat food that was left over? i agree with you on the second half of what you said. it takes alot of work and alot of manpower to create one episode of something. for a simple walking scene it could take around 60 to 100 scenes to complete,then color,etc etc. but then again, why is it bad to watch shows that are CURRENTLY running in japan? thats like if i missed last nights episode of Conan O'brian and went onto hulu.com so i can watch it. so if a new episode of Haruhi is airing in japan and i dont feel like spending $1500 on a plane ticket just to watch it on a television that shows it free like any other television program, i can just watch the episode online. Or if you happen to Own a DVD of your favorite show and you feel like watching it online wouldnt that be the same as putting the DVD into your DVD palyer and watching it. maybe your out of town and feel like watching it.

but then some people justify watching it for free without paying for anything by say its the only way to watch it. not true. Hulu is a sponsored site which airs a great amount of television shows alot of Anime also like naruto bleach ,etc. Why not try something like that? a site dedicated to anime which can be legally viewed and is all paid for by advertisements. might sound like hard work to get it up, but rome wasnt built in a day.
Hulu has commercials. These pay the studio to provide content to the site. The creators get paid.

Illegal DL from internet does not have commercials. Therefore you get content without the maker getting paid.

And Crunchyroll has started doing what you describe, but it is a pay service. At least they are getting official English subs in practical real time, as the subs are done before the show airs. This is incredible, the best way right now, and it is only 7 dollars a month. But I agree, something like Hulu with commercials would be even better.