View Single Post
(#113 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-29-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
I question how far you're willing to go to police this, and how you suggest going about it. Since rape is a fantasy for all genders, all orientations, and all positions (rapist, rape victim), and is therefore represented as positive and pleasurable at the very least in the minds of individuals, you can see my concern that we are on a slippery slope towards the Mental Health Police, of which there are actual examples in human history, and plenty of fictional versions to be found in host of SF and dystopian novels/comics/movies etc.
What people get up to in their own time is up to them. People are allowed to enjoy what they want, and think what they want. It's nothing to do with peoples thoughts. The problem is the distribution of media portraying a crime as something pleasurable.

I don't know how they are going to enforce such a ban, but I agree with it. It is likely that people are still going to be able to come across such media. But it will be more difficult for people who aren't supposed to be viewing it (minors) to view it, which is the main issue.