View Single Post
(#103 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-30-2009, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I don't think that people that say "I am attracted to Asian women" or "I am attracted to Japanese women" are usually exclusively interested in the Asian or Japanese race itself as if it were true that would mean they found all women of a certain race attractive, and I have never seen that to be that case.

I think the reality is that people that say these things find certain aspects of a race or culture attractive, and that is what they are talking about. In some cases it is the image of submission, like we talked about earlier. In some cases it is the smaller size that Japanese and Asian women tend to be, some like the smooth skin Asian women often had, for some it's the long straight hair, the respect and subtleties of the culture...any number or combination of things. Sometimes people can't put a finger on it.

I know many guys that had or have "bamboo fever" but each of them in their own way. One guy said he loved Japanese women, but only dated Japanese women who were tall. Another said the same, but only dated girls with long straight black hair. Another liked trying to tame party girl hostesses. Shallow? Maybe, but they were all in their young 20s, living in Japan, and weren't necessarily looking to settle down quite yet. So maybe a little shallow, but I can't call it racism.
Right, I agree in what your saying. I just think people have personal preferences. It is unfair to say "Asian women", because that would imply that you find every Asian women attractive. But I do think that there are certain things you many find attractive in a certain race, based purely on physical appearance. I usually don't find someone at fault who says they are attracted to Asians, probably becuase I understand what they are saying. But it is a very broad statement and would basically mean that you like every Asian women. Which probably isn't true. But what I think this statement stems from is the fact that, while everyone has there own unique look. Every race and culture has physical characteristics that are unique to that race or culture. This is starting to disappear due to the globalization of the world, but it still stands true. And when I usually hear someone say they have "bamboo fever" (that one is new to me) I usually take it as they find something particularly attractive about Asian women.

And you are correct I dont think you can call it being racist.

And I also think that it can be based purely on looks why your prefer a certain look. I dont think it always has to be because it brings up thoughts on how this person acts. When someone says they like a certain race I dont assume its becuase they like a certain characteristic of this culture. Although I have heard people say they like asian women because they are said to be more submissive. I have also heard people say they just like they way they look. I dont think there always has to be a reason why your attracted to someone....at least I never though that much why I like someones physical appearance. I dont usually look at someone and say "hey they are Asian, I am attracted to them becuase i have been told they are nicer that other women". I usually say "hey they are cute becuase well... they are cute".

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.

Last edited by Barone1551 : 06-30-2009 at 05:04 AM.