View Single Post
(#140 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-30-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
1. I like it that she is submissive because she is at a level I can work with to bring her up to a 50-50 partner. If she was trying to be more equal (which is what most women I know do) then it would be next to impossible to get her down to a 50-50 level. (You are showing this on these posts). Yes, I enjoy it sometimes that she strokes my male ego, all men do. Anyone that says no to this is lying. She also knows she can use this to her advantage if needed (she's a smart woman).
2. You are a American citizen. The US Territories are far different from the mainland in thinking and culture. Look at Puerto Rico for example.
3. Here you claim you are gay, yet in another post you claim you are bisexual. There is a big difference. Make up your mind. You are trying to present your arguments from 2 completely different viewpoints.
4.I am not saying that women should be oppressed. Just by their attempting to be equal, they have overshot this goal and think that they can only be equal is by castrating men. Men have to question their role in marriage now and that is why marriages are failing. My father doesn't oppress my mom, but his role is traditionally defined and he feels like he runs the family. In truth, my mother has feminine ways to manipulate him if need be without taking his manhood away.
Does this answer your questions?
Thanks for answering them. But, they just bring up more questions for me. I'll use numbers too, just because it's easier that way.

1. You suggested earlier that women now have too much power in relationships, throwing true relationships out of whack. Do you feel that, if a man were fighting for a 50-50 relationship, the relationship would fall apart? Do you think, then, that a man should submit to the woman so that the relationship can then and only then achieve true equality?

2. Yes, I am an American citizen. (Though I'm a second-class American citizen. I don't have the same rights as those born on the mainland. Even the idea of being US "territory" makes me second-class.) I'm also West Indian. West Indian is my ethnicity. Believe it or not, though, I understand a LOT about American culture. America has influenced the USVI greatly. I've also spent the last two years living in New York.

3. Today, vocabulary like gay, lesbian, queer, and bisexual are interchangeable because more and more people are starting to realize that sexuality is fluid. One day, I might only be attracted to women. The next, I might only be attracted to men. I'm sorry if I confused you.

4. What do you believe is the man's role in marriage? Also, what happens if two men get married, or if two women get married? What will their roles be then?

LOVE: pass it on