View Single Post
(#174 (permalink))
Old
ACW (Offline)
JF Regular

07-01-2009, 11:13 PM

I've been to Japan a couple of times and the country and lifestyle has it's pro's and con's. Life I imagine will be extremely difficult if you live there I'm sure, especially if your striking out on the world by yourself for the first time. So I agree with MMM. You sort of need to "sample" the country first before you want to live there. If you just go there without knowing what to really expect then.....your screwed to be blunt haha.

I plan to visit the country again, hopefully for a longer stay. After I graduate from college in 1 1/2 years I'll be able to get a legal job there. Course that job for me is teaching English. Since I have been there before I know what living can be like there. The only thing I'm working on now is the financial plan and how much everything costs given different variables.

The pro's for me is that I'm in a foreign country facing the challenges and hardships. I guess it might be a con haha but it develops character in my opinion haha. That and it's a whole new culture and experince and I think it's exciting. The con's would be that I will miss being in America as well as family. Also, they have no tex-mex in Japan I believe...sigh.