View Single Post
(#111 (permalink))
Old
stealstreet (Offline)
New to JF

07-02-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
On another note towards the original thread topic, it would be great to see more friendship between Japan and South Korea and I really do think that Japan should offer a formal apologoy for war time attrocities it commited towards the South.
I couldn't agree more. I think what the other Asian countries are bitter about is that Japan sweeps that aspect of history under the rug per say. I'm Chinese and want to branch out and learn more about Japanese culture etc. But yeah, I think the key issue is that the Japanese DID carry out horrible atrocities. Its history and it happened. I mean if someone came to your country and stole your women, resources, and kill your men (all in horrible fashion), bitterness would remain as well. However, I feel that most of the newer generation just want some recognition of their countries suffering, maybe some of the old too. I've read up a little on the old Japanese codes of honor, ways of the samurai, etc, not to in depth but it didn't really seem to fit what they did during the war. The Asian countries rarely get any respect or recognition for what happened to them during the war, and Japan is rarely reminded of it the way say Germany was. But yeah, I really wish Japan comes out like the Germans did and just mass apologize sympathize recognize.