View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-06-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khengi View Post
Oh, I'm not trying to change your opinion. I'm just stating that the reason why animation is more welcome to any age over there than over here is it's apart of their culture. Animation isn't really apart of American culture (then again, do we have culture?)
Every country has a culture, silly, it's just you have more trouble seeing it because it is what you consider just to be the normal stuff.

And yes, American cinema is a huge part of American culture; they even give gold statues to those who do well in it in front of an audience of millions... it is also their most popular exportable product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khengi View Post
Ironically, I agree that Japanese movie quality is usually more thought out, though Lion King will still be my favorite.
I think this varies from director to director and on the story writers, and is not tied to nationality... I mean, I've seen some shokers Japanese films.

Quote:
The big question after pondering that Lion King derived from Kimba is: What does it mean to us?
There is no doubt that Disney's movie has a different plot than the Kimba shows (this is common in any Disney adaptation). But The Lion King lacks what for me was the single greatest element in Kimba the White Lion: the relationship between humans and animals. This aspect has so much vital meaning for our world.

And yet, what do I hear within the words of Lion King fans? They identify with the lions in the movie. They bring that human-animal connection to the movie themselves. If, by way of this derivation controversy, Lion King fans discover Kimba The White Lion, and explore this connection further, then it's all good.

Kimba The White Lion can exist in the 21st century as The Lion King taken to the next level. Kimba's story lines, which involve the struggle to build strength of character, and the need for ALL life to be part of the great circle--animals AND humans, are things that most Lion King fans can enjoy.

The first time I heard the little white lion say that he needed a way to get humans to understand animals, my heart jumped for joy. The same thing can still happen for lots of other people, and thanks to The Lion King connection, lots of people now know about Kimba.
What a fruit cake...

They make a great essay, then they end it with the most irrelevant thing. Does it really matters Lion King has no humans in it? It focuses on other decent values, such as courage and responsibility.

Moron.

It is interesting, however.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…