(#4 (permalink))
Old
Mauja (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-12-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Yay for Go!

I started playing a few months ago, and definitely love it. It seems easier than games such as Chess and perhaps Shougi, but it's incredibly complex.

Go isn't very popular where I live, but a friend of mine incidentally introduced it to me when he commented that Go is more difficult than Chess and pros haven't been beaten by the computers yet. Curiosity took a hold of me, and now I am obsessed.

Hikaru no Go was a great anime, and if anyone isn't interested in Go just from your explanation, a viewing of this might be in order
Ah, thanks for reply ^^

I think there are people for whose go really is more difficult than chess. Me, I don´t undersand chess.. I know rules and everything but I can´t see deep into the game, I just move figures without sense. On the other side go really got me, it took some time until I understood what am I supposed to do but now I can get excited by game simply
I think not only pros haven´t been beaten by computers.. I still wouldn´t beat the strongest go pc program but truth is that comps are really weak.

And about HikaGo, you´re right. Most poeple from here whose play go started because of Hikaru no Go.. it looks like boring anime, 70 episodes about a game.. but it´s amazing