View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Mauja (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-13-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
I got a chance to play it. Its cool and a bit hard. I like chess better.
Yes, begin is hard. I didn´t understand at all. But if you persist playing, you´ll do big skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcuteness View Post
i think i shall
You can play contra poeple all around the world on KGS- KGS Go Server . It´s good for practice, just play with people within 20k-30k first.. it´s also good to have sensei, because begin is the most difficult.. you will need a hand to understand what is the game about, beginners usually don´t know where they should play to get territory, so just collect opponent´s stones or put stones onto goban randomly xD You need few games of some quality to see deeper into game When you overcome this step, you´ll get stronger and see deeper with every next game
But I think the best think you can do is to check out if there isn´t any go club in your town.. playing go live is the best thing! You´re connected to your opponent more and wooden goban with sounds of stones make amazing atmosphere of old asia I love it.. You can also make lots of friends this way. I´ve been three times on tournaments and it was one of most amazing experiences I had... The game is absolutely different as people take it more seriously and between games it´s really enjoyable because most of goists are really pleasant and funny people. I was surprised how many really young people play.. lol, on last tournament there was an evening football match go players vs chess players We kicked their asses xD I guess it´s because our players were about 14-25 years old and their about 30-45 but it was good and friendly match Em.. I think I said too much xD