View Single Post
(#47 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
07-13-2009, 03:26 PM

We get a lot of foreign and American tourists in this part of Texas. Generally, most of them are very nice and enjoyable guests. When I worked in hotels, there was rarely any problems with foreign tourists.

But when there were problems was usually the Americans. It didn't matter whether they were families, business people, young, old, rich, or poor. Any time there was a disturbance, rudeness, arrogance, or just plain thoughtless stupidity, it was almost always my own countrymen. It is disgraceful.

The only other constistent problem I have ever had traveling was with the French. Those I have met traveling outside their country could not have been nicer. Unfortunately, it seems when you enter their borders things change. Someone said maybe it is a regional issue. Well, they were consistently rude, unhelpful, arrogant, and derisive in Paris, Nice, Nantes, Calais, and Bordeaux. If its regional its a very large region. At the time i thought it was just because they dislike Americans, but I have since learned from others that it is directed at almost any foreigner - whether you speak French or not.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.