View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-23-2009, 08:51 AM

Wow, how I wish we only had to pay 5% in income tax. How great that would be!!

In reality, we pay much much more. It`s just split into multiple categories. You get gouged all the same.
I have my husband`s pay slip right here. While I don`t want to go into details on how much he earned, I`ll list percentages and flat costs.
Last month;
2.5% for healthcare
6.5% for social security
0.5% for "general security"
1.5% for "income adjustment"
3.0% for residential tax

A total of 14% taken directly from the paycheck.
We also pay 5% from the yearly income in property tax and another 5% for income, which is paid in a yearly bundle except for overtime and bonuses (they are paid as "adjustment"). For our summer bonus, 7.5% of it went to income taxes. I THINK that overtime is also calculated on a different scale but really am not sure.

So, I`d say between 23~25% regularly.

The residents tax, by the way, has little to do with your income. It is MOSTLY based on the value of the property where you live. Live somewhere with pricey property, then it`s going to be a lot higher than if you live out where land is cheap.

Personally, I don`t have any issues with the taxes as the level of government provided services matches the amount. If they were just sucking the cash away and not doing anything with it, I think I`d feel differently though.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 07-23-2009 at 08:54 AM.