View Single Post
(#227 (permalink))
Old
Skuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Skuu
07-27-2009, 07:00 AM

OK it was just a short clip.

There was one guy talking about it whose name wasn't given in that point of the documentary (was only like 2/3 mins).

I haven't been able to dig up any information that I totally understand or is a short sharp rebuttal by relevant academics. However I haven't found relevant academics in favour either.

If I had the patience I could trawl the internet and learn all the science involved, but I don't, so I'll just be a bit lazy and rely on more general assumptions. If someone was bringing indepth scientific points which they could backup with relevant academics and sources then I'd be more pushed to reply, but no one has.

Generally people have dropped the claim that the Mayan date alone is significant, and rely on some coinciding phenomena as being significant. However, neither of the two that I can remember (solar flares, shifting magnetic poles) have given off any suggestion of being considered a threat by any relevant academics (I know I use that phrase a lot, can't think of a better one).

I don't mean to nonchalantly brush off detailed arguments made by posters, but I'd appreciate more sources before I can consider any theories to do with world destruction seriously.