View Single Post
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Saraann512 (Offline)
New to JF

Question about teaching - 07-28-2009, 09:22 PM

So I'm at university in the US right now, planning on studying abroad in Tokyo at Oberlin University next year.

I am on the track to graduate with a B.S in Elem. Edu. Graduating with this degree, will it make me more appealing to schools in Japan or does it not matter? After completing the degree requirements, I'll take the teaching cert. test (I can't remember what it's called at the moment). Or should I just say forget that and switch over to a history major or english major?
Does an emel. edu degree matter in Japan? They teach differently then we do over here, that's why I'm wondering if it's pointless.

Also. I am looking for the best paying job in an area that is easiest to navigate without a car for some time. Maybe I'll buy a motor bike, I'll have to see. What can I expect to be paid and what level of schooling should I focus on? Elem.? Middle schools? High-schools? Is it impossible to get a position at a University without a master's?

I am asking alot of questions! Sorry! What about the JET ALT positions? Would that be my best bet initially coming into the country?

THANK YOU!