View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

08-02-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
KyleGoetz, we must've misunderstood each other from the very beginning. But I did find your reply a bit demeaning as you automatically implied I was a bit stupid, haha. And umm... "your attacks are unwarranted" - I wasn't attacking you, I never said anything wrong about you. It's just not my style and I guess because I'm writing and you don't know me, that there was some confusion.
PS: don't call me "cowboy", that's just weird.
PSS: you're not going to take my reply the wrong way, are you?

Barone1551, ah, I'm really glad you liked the song. Her music is very beautiful, so if you like this one you should listen to the rest. KyleGoetz is right that she is avant-garde, but all I can hear is how beautiful her music is.

And I received some assistance with the lyrics from a friend of mine. I'm happy that he helpded me and now I understand the song a bit, but I had already posted here before I got his translation. Sorry, and thank you for your replies, everyone.
I think we did get off on the wrong foot. Sorry about the "cowboy," but (1) it's a saying, and (2) I'm from Texas.

Indeed, things can get confusing when only text is involved. This is why I think keeping a willingness to make up over seemingly trivial misunderstandings online is important.

Finally, admittedly some of my word choices (e.g., "your attacks") are forces of habit since I've just graduated law school. Debates with other lawyers and law students often use such language. I can forget that they are terms of art that don't mean the same thing to the laity.

*handshake of friendship*